2007年11月13日火曜日

Homework #1

1. Reflecting about today's class:Today we discussed the Japanese concept of "wrapping". Do you agree with the web site's description?What do you do that can be called "wrapping"? Give examples and reasons for your actions.

In Japan, we might need "wrapping". We have habit of hiding bad real intention.
In society, I use "wrapping" to my elder people. I think it's very nice.
We can do well on business smoothly.


2. Preparation for the next class "Death and Funerals" Answer these questions in your blog;a. Where do you go when you die?

a. Where do you go when you die?
I think I can go to heven or float around the air when I die.
b. Explain why do Japanese have death memorial services 1 month, 1 year, 3 years, 7 years, etc. after a person's death?
We want to remember a person past away, so we have it at regular intervals.
Then, people who still alive forget him/her.

2 件のコメント:

みーこ さんのコメント...

I agree with you! I use "wrapping" for senior people. I think it is rtiquette in Japan, so it's need and important things.

DUMBO さんのコメント...

Hi! I think so too. There is several death memorial services in Japan. I think that this is wonderful because they don't forget the person who passed away.